(photo credit: Wikimedia Commons)
By Mark Levy
Last Updated 6/20/2018 at 5:10 PM
Tel Aviv: Startup Nation has given the world some amazing things: Waze, the cherry tomato, Gal Gadot, the thumb drive. But for every great Israeli idea, rest assured they have come up with some failures. And here they are: the 10 biggest flops of Israeli tech!
- Ara-Mazing: Translate your sexts into Aramaic!
- E-Z Steal: Choose the most convenient time & place to have your bike stolen!
- Gaydar Tel Aviv
- Misrad HaTindr: Match with someone who is also waiting in line at the Ministry of the Interior!
- John Kerry Meetup!: Connects you with other fans of the former Secretary of State in Israel
- AngloWhine: Deletes any texts from your Anglo friends when they’re complaining about something
- Pokémon Pee: An app that finds you a sidewalk in Tel Aviv where nobody has peed yet
- Tag-Lit: Lets Israeli men track the real-time location of every Birthright bus in the country
- Matkot Simulator: It’s as if there’s a matkot game being played one meter away from you!
- The Dizengoff Center Navigation App (Oops! This really exists!)