By Aaron Pomerantz
Last Updated 8/28/2015 at 11:00 AM
Ramat Gan: A Tel Aviv woman was involved in a serious incident today, which could have ended tragically if not for the quick thinking of alert bystanders. Local realtor Sarit F. suffered a crippling panic attack after accidentally wandering out of Tel Aviv city limits and into Ramat Gan. The Daily Freier talked to Sarit as she convalesced at Ichalov Hospital.
“I had just left Savidor Train Station and was crossing the street. I must have gotten disoriented by all the construction. Anyway, I walked for about ten minutes. The further I walked, the more confused and scared I got. I mean, the streets became quiet and tree-lined. The houses looked like they had been built at some point in my lifetime. At no point was I almost hit by somebody on an electric bicycle. And there were no signs that a dog had recently relieved itself on the street. It was horrible. I started to just lose it. The next thing I know, paramedics were helping me into the ambulance.”
The first-responders credited the quick thinking of passersby for ensuring a happy outcome to this story. The Daily Freier spoke to some of these Good Samaritans at the scene. “I saw this woman just freaking out in the middle of the street” noted alert local Ronit S. “I used to live in Tel Aviv, so I know the symptoms of ‘Bubble Withdrawal’. I ran over and gave her some Cofix coffee and then called out for others to help. So a bunch of people ran over and started to walk five-abreast and speaking French while they almost knocked her down. Another woman passing by got her cell phone number and code-called her with an opportunity to invest in FOREX……..Then another guy went and peed on the sidewalk.”
In response to this near tragedy, the Tel Aviv Department of Public Safety issued a bulletin to residents listing warning signs that they may be leaving the city and to turn back immediately:
- You see a grocery store that offers a wide variety of foods at reasonable prices
- You stop at a coffee shop where the waitstaff view themselves as waitstaff and not as actresses, writers, or “about to launch a start-up”
- Somebody is wearing a yarmulke
- During work hours people are going to or from work or appear in some other way to be gainfully employed
- You don’t see any tiny cards on the ground advertising the sex industry
- You meet somebody who voted for Netanyahu
- There are people on the street who are not walking dogs
- You cannot immediately find a yoga studio
- You see a man in his 20’s or 30’s who is clean-shaven
- Nobody tries to steal your bike
- You can’t find Haaretz anywhere
The Daily Freier wanted to stay at the scene longer and conduct more interviews, but being so far from Allenby Street was making us feel kinda not cool and we had to just leave.
14 thoughts on “Tel Aviv Woman Suffers Panic Attack After Accidentally Wandering Into Ramat Gan”
Gadol. I loved the bit about the French people. Very relevant this time of year.
You are just amazing,talmented guys.
I never laugh so much.
One of the best ones. Couldn’t help laughing!